Your efforts are making a difference.
Yesterday alone 85 Families were fed at our emergency relief center in Sankhu Vajrayogini, totaling 510 people. Food stocks are building allowing for us to provide food to more and more people everyday.
Supply Lines are established allowing consistent transportation of essential supplies which are being distributed by the Bodhivastu Himalayan Light Foundation teams. Our team in Yolmo has grown to 30 and the Sankhu Emergency Relief Center is now staffing 14 people. We are now partnering with JICA and the Helambu Relief Distribution Team to increase our outreach and effectiveness in the field.
PART OF THE HLF AND HELAMBU RELIEF DISTRIBUTION TEAM WHICH IS PROVIDING CRITICAL AID TO THE REGION
PLANNING MEETING WITH MEMBERS OF HLF AND HELAMBU TEAMS
The local USA team of 9 volunteers is currently assessing and planning the second phase of our efforts in Nepal. We will not be leaving after the initial emergency aid is established, we are in for the long-haul.
Bodhivastu and HLF will continue for the long-term in Nepal to help provide solar power to remote villages
and restore the now greatly damaged cultural and historic heritage.
We have 1 month before the monsoon season starts. What does this mean?
The heavy rains will pose a significant danger for over a million Nepalese without shelter. The conditions may cause disease outbreaks and serious illness. Without the proper shelters set up and medical personal to treat people this could be another severe crisis for the people of Nepal.
What is needed:
- Tents and other temporary shelters
- Medical supplies and more trained medical staff. We currently have 4 paramedics awaiting transport into Nepal.
- Continued food supplies
- Satellite phones
- small solar energy systems to be distributed by HLF
SUMAN LAMA, OUR SANKHU RELIEF CENTER COORDINATOR ATTENDING TO THE SUPPLY DEPOT
ONE OF THE HELAMBU (YOLMO) STATIONS
DISTRIBUTION AND REGISTRATION TENT AT THE SANKHU RELIEF CENTER.
Current Bullet Report as of 05/04/15
Death toll: Across Nepal over 7,000
Injured: 14,000 +
Aftershocks less frequent but have not yet ceased
- We have established alliances with JICA and the Helambu Relief Distribution Team in the field
- Relief centers are now established and fully functional in Sankhu Vajrayogini and Yolmo (Helambu).
- Our Yolmo team has grown to 30 Volunteers (10 foreign, 20 local)
- Our Sankhu Emergency Relief Center is now staffed by 14 people (4 staff and 10 local volunteers)
- Supply lines are now well established and continual allowing for easy transportation of food and other supplies.
- USA team now planning reconstruction initiative.